Impartial, independent and in-depth
Morse Building Consultancy provides building and engineering consultancy services to insurers, loss assessors and other organisations in the broader insurance industry, while also providing services to the building and private sectors.
Founded by Andrew Morse, who has more than 33 years’ experience in the building industry as a licensed builder and contractor. Morse Building Consultancy is not affiliated with any other firm or company, so every report is written on an independent and factual basis, providing an unbiased opinion.
Morse Building provides timely and efficient services including detailed reporting and scope of works, thorough site investigations and prompt disaster response. They can also offer an impartial expert opinion and provide expert evidence to assist in solving any dispute situation.
A team of highly skilled, professional, qualified and licensed building consultants and registered engineering consultants located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania are ready to provide the services you need, when you need them.
Each team member has been carefully selected for their specific knowledge and experience within the building and construction industry.
About Andrew Morse
Andrew is a trade qualified, licensed carpenter and builder in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania.
He founded Action Construction Pty Ltd in 1998 and established the trading name Morse building consultancy in 2012 and continues to lead its operation and expansion.
Andrew’s experience provides a vast knowledge-based reference source, which is available to assist both insurers and loss adjusters in resolving claims or private clients in resolving disputes.
During his career as a building consultant, he has investigated and reported on over 2,100 cases, most of these involving insurance claims, damage to structures and issues of non-compliance.
This experience includes work across cyclones, storms, water damage, fire, building defects, impact from vehicle damage, poor workmanship, flooding, ageing and deterioration, leaks and burst pipes, all giving him a broad skill set in investigating these cases.
Andrew’s experience and knowledge in both the building and insurance industries allows him to offer the further services of project manager, tender assessment and expert witness.
His qualifications and memberships include:
- QBCC Contractors Licence No. 31626
- QBCC Supervisors Licence No. 31626
- NSW Supervisors Licence No. 70600S
- VIC Builders Licence No. DB-U 65974
- VIC Commercial Licence No. CB-U 65975
- ACT Construction Occupation Licence No.
- TAS Building Services Provider Licence No. 356829309
- SA Building Work Supervisors Registration Contractors Licence No. BLD299546
- NT Building Practitioners Board Certificate of Registration No. 262791CR
- Diploma in Building
- Advanced Diploma of Building
- Diploma of Project Management
- Certificate of Achievement
- Member of QMBA
- Member of Australian Tile Council Inc.
- Working at Heights Certification
- Working with Harness Certificate
- Elevated Work Platform Licence to 9.0m
- Pre-purchase Inspection Certificate